Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to School with the Class of Web 2.0: Part 3

This article was very informational. Being new to the educational world of technology, I can see how blogging could be very helpful and assist with communication with students, parents, co-workers and other colleagues.

Pod casting, although I never witnessed students using this first hand, sounds like it could be a fun and interesting way for the students to learn.

Wikis and Wikipedia. I've never used Wikis but I've used Wikipedia. As mentioned in the article, I too was told already not to use Wikipedia becuase the info may not be up-to-date/thorough/accurate.

Video Sharing sounds like something I will investigate in the future. Google video and VideoJug sound as though they could be very helpful to locate visual aids/instructional videos for students to view.

School 2.0 is in the "construction" stage but is sounds as though it has promise.

I'm new to blogging and I understand what a Blog line is; however, I'm unsure what a Netvibe is.

Second Life that is being used by Harvard Law School sounds really neat. The idea of being able to communicate with anyone in the world, utilizing real time, is just unbelievably mind blowing.

April Lenhart

No comments: